Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Home Going

Yesterday I started out on a card that has taken me more than a day to complete because I am very rusty and most of my craft stuff is still in boxes. However, today I received very sad news that a friend’s husband suddenly died. These are friends from church. I’m sorry to say that I didn’t know Steve as well as I would have liked. The times that I did talk with him he was full of humor and the conversations often lead to us agreeing on how good God is. Steve knew Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior. He knew that the only way to know the Father and have eternal life with Him is through Jesus Christ and His sacrifice and resurrection. Even though we who knew Steve are grieved, we know that he is seeing Jesus face to face and worshipping him. We will miss him but we know that our hope in having eternal life with Jesus Christ has now been fulfilled for Steve. My prayers and heart goes out to his wife Kathy, their kids, grandkids, and other family and close friends. This card is for Steve’s family. The crystal in the cross symbolizes hope, light, and new life in Jesus Christ. What we can only see dimly, Steve now clearly sees and knows. 1 Corinthians 13:12

Recipe:
Stamps: Notes of Prayer - Verve, Close as a Memory - SU
Paper: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, SU DP
Ink: Old Olive - SU
Accessories: corner rounder, stick on crystal, copper brads, SU border punch

No comments: