Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Hope You Perk Up



Last weekend I went to a Stamp & Scrap Expo in my area with my best crafting buddy.  It was the first time I had gone to one of these and I had a great time!  I came back with a lot of new toys including the Technique Junkie stamp featured on this card.  

This stamp is a new addition to my coffee-themed stamp collection, which is still growing.  I first stamped the cute little owl with Versafine and stamped it again with Versamark in my MISTI, then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I colored her with  Altenew Watercolors that I also got at the Expo.  I struggle with water coloring but these Altenew colors blended so easily.  Next, I die-cut the image with Nestabilities and mounted it on DP.  I accented with Nuvo Crystal dots and roughly traced around the DP with Early Espresso marker.  The sketch is from the Coffee Loving Cardmakers blog.

Recipe:
Stamps: Perk Up Soon - Technique Junkies
Paper: Strathmore Watercolor paper, Delightful Dijon, Early Espresso, DP
Ink:  Versafine Black, Versamark
Accessories:  Clear EP, Nestabilities, Early Espresso Marker, Waterbrush, Altenew Watercolors, Nuvo Crystal Drops


3 comments:

StampingJudy said...

Very cute!

Unknown said...

so cute - I send get well wishes to people at church and that would be perfect for some of them.

StampingbugKerry said...

Awww...Too cute! Those Expos are so fun! I love grabbing new stamp sets at them! Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch at Coffee Loving Cardmakers!