Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Twinkling Echoes


This card is for Viva la Verve! February Week 1 which you can find out about here.

The colors used in the image are from SCS Color Challenge 198 which was to use Orchid Opulence, So Saffron, Cameo Coral. I used Twinkling H20s to paint the flower. I was going to make another card for the that color challenge but I decided not to. Since I had the image already colored I used it for this card I made for VLVFeb01.

I think the color combo is kind of wild with the orchid opulence ribbon and eyelets.

Recipe:
Stamps: Echoes of Kindness - SU
Paper: Handsome Hunter, Orchid Opulence, Basic Black, WW - SU; Berry Sorbet - PTI
Ink: Stazon Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug, embossing folders, nestabilities, Twinkling H20s, brads, flower eyelets, ribbon, Martha Stewart eyelet border punch, pastels for shading around image.

12 comments:

Abi Bundy said...

Love the orchid oppulence flowers! that colour combo is really interesting too will have to try it i think :)

Carisa said...

oooh, i love this color combo! Great job. :)

Angela said...

Cute

Angela said...

Cute

JazzyH said...

Pretty!

Joanne Travis said...

SO pretty! I love the colors you chose, they are so striking.

Anonymous said...

A really lovely sketch. Great colours...and very pretty flowers

xiumaiyuki said...

The colors are wonderful. I, especially, love the H2O's that you used for the flower. Very subtle yet sparkly!

Merrigrace said...

How did you get the shine on the flowers? Did you emboss in clear or is it the paper you used?

Laurel DeViney said...

Very pretty, and different...I like the H2o's as well.

Unknown said...

Interesting Color Combo...turned out great!

Becky said...

Interesting color's, but I love interesting and different :), this came out gorgeous.