Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Soft Summer Sympathy


Sympathy cards are always my least favorite to make. A good friend's mother passed a couple of weeks ago so I needed to come up with a card. I originally stamped this image to make another card for SCS Inspiration Challenge # 175. I think it turned out well and my friend said she really liked it.

Recipe:
Stamps: Soft Summer, Brighter Tomorrow - SU
Paper: WW, Ballet Blue, Vellum
Ink: WW and Ballet Blue Craft
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Embossing Folder, Clear EP, Heat Tool, Nestabilities, MS Butterfly Punch, SU Flower Punch, Brads, Pearl Beads

10 comments:

Becky said...

I dislike sympathy cards also. This is very lovely, love the white and blue.

Cindy said...

Very pretty sympathy card! I love the embossing and the blue color to go with the white!!
Good luck on the interviews!!!

Unknown said...

the hardest thing to make but wonderful when they receive it, great job on teh card.

Danni said...

Very pretty!! I'm sure it will or did brighten your friend's day.
Thanks for playing along with my challenge!

Nicola said...

Such a beautiful card, love your deep embossing and those pearls on your butterfly. This is the worst kind of card we have to make and this beauty will have brought lots of comfort Elizabeth. -x-

Ann said...

This is beautiful, Elizabeth. I love the colors and the vellum. So sorry you needed a card like this, but I'm sure it brought comfort.

Nancy said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful sympathy card. Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I do like this one. Always a little sad these ones...which is why I have some on hand...

Maggie Lamarre said...

Thank you so much for helping us spread the word..
The fun starts tomorrow at 8 AM..at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
Thanks again,
Maggie

Abi Bundy said...

this is a really pretty card.