Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pearly Posies


I was in a bit of a creative slump after coming home from Honduras.  When I am in a slump I look at other card makers creations for inspiration.  I noticed that this week's SCS Featured Stamper 280 is Emily Keaton.  She has so many beautiful cards in her gallery but this one immediately caught my eye.  I love how Emily used Prisma Pencils on colored cardstock.  I primarily use my Prismas on white cardstock and blend with Goo-Gone but I was encouraged to try a little different technique.  The image I chose is an outline stamp from the retired but favorite SU Soft Summer set.  The colors are  from SCS Color Challenge 377: Certainly Celery, Soft Suede and Blushing Bride.  I used Deconstructed Sketch 46 which fit perfectly.  I left off the sentiment because this card would work for a birthday, sympathy, encouragement, or gratitude.

Recipe:
Stamps:  Soft Summer
Paper:  Certainly Celery, Blushing Bride, Soft Suede, DP - SU
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Prisma Pencils, Stick on Pearls, Punches, Cuttlebug

No comments: